Re: CD audio

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 01:14:44AM -0600, Rory O'Connor wrote:
> I've eliminated the possibility that this is a hardware problem.  I
> switched out the CD-ROM and the audio cable from a computer I know they
> worked fine on.  The light is flashing when the CD is playing, and I can
> hear sound thru headphones.

It sounds like either you have your mixer set to zero for the CD input,
or the mixer is muting your CD-ROM input, OR that the analog cable
between your CD-ROM and your soundcard is either busted or not plugged
in to the correct port on the soundcard.

If you can hear it through the headphone hack on the CD-ROM, then it's
definately not the software player's problem.