Re: apt-get: precedence of apt_sources ?

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 02:10:59PM -0800, tom schuetz wrote:
> My apt_source has both ftp sites and cds listed on it.
>
> How does apt determine which source to try first? Do I need to take the
> cd's off of the source document if I want to get debs from the ftp sites?

Apt pays attention to the version number, so you definitely don't need to
take the cd's off.  If the cd has the most up-to-date version, then I'm not
sure how apt decides where to get it (maybe the first one listed).
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/