Re: MBR erased

Rick Thomas <Thomas> writes:
RT> 1.  I have two hard drives sda1 and sdb1.  I have RedHat installed on sda1
RT> and Debian installed on sdb1.  The master boot record on the sdb1(Debian
RT> disk) was accidently erased.  I can still mount the drive but I can no
RT> longer boot from the sdb1 drive.

Are you using LILO under Red Hat, too?  You should be able to type
something like

LILO: linux root=/dev/sdb1

to boot your Debian system using the Red Hat kernel (which should be
fine; Linux is Linux, mostly).

RT> 2.  Are there any resources where I can copy/make a debian boot disk

The Rescue Disk that's part of the Debian installer works pretty well
for this.

	-- Abra Mitchell