Re: errors with db2html or sgmltools --backend=html

On Wednesday 07 November 2001 07:21, Michael D. Crawford wrote:
>  am trying to learn to write and format DocBook XML documents.  I
> want to write a programmers manual for ZooLib
> (http://zoolib.sourceforge.net/ So far I've succeeded in creating a
> small docbook xml file that includes another file as an entity, and
> in validating the file, but I can't create an HTML file from them
> because I get a lot of errors.
>
> I've been using psgml in emacs to create the files, and seem to have
> things working properly.
>
> When I give either the commend "db2html test.xml" or "sgmltools
> --backend=html test.xml" I get many errors [...]

I had problems with db2html not being executable:

alpha:~$ file /usr/bin/db2html
/usr/bin/db2html: Bourne shell script text executable
alpha:~$ ls -l /usr/bin/db2html
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          482 Oct  4 11:28 /usr/bin/db2html

I remember doing a "chmod +x" on a local copy of the script to make it
work with some Debian sources (forgot which)

--
Sir Isaac Newton:
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."