XF86Setup

Sorry to keep hitting you guys with newbie questions, but when I run
XF86Setup, I can get my mouse working and set everything up.  However, my
Radeon isn't listed in the list of cards because it's not supported by my
current version of XFree86.  When I use the "generic VGA" or "unsupported
VGA" and tell setup that I'm finished, when it tries to start the X server
it either hangs at a black screen(generic VGA) or switches to a black
screen, then back to text mode, and gives the following error:

XF11: Cannot connect to X Server: ERROR: 111
XF11: Cannot connect to X Server: ERROR: 111
XF11: Cannot connect to X Server: ERROR: 111
XF11: Cannot connect to X Server: ERROR: 111
XF11: Cannot connect to X Server: ERROR: 111
XF11: Cannot connect to X Server: ERROR: 111
XF11: Cannot connect to X Server: ERROR: 111

(I'm not sure if that's the exact wording of the error message, but the
numbers and gist are correct).

Anyone know how to fix this?  I heard you could use the ATI Rage Fury driver
to make it work, but that didn't work either.

Thanks,
Jason Machacek