max RAM size

Von: François THOMAS [mailto:francoist@alsdesign.fr]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 6. November 2001 17:07
An: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Betreff: max RAM size

Hello list

I have upgraded the physical amount of RAM on a Potato server (r3).
Unfortunately, it looks like only 960M are managed by the kernel... Is there
a *safe* way to make my system manage all the available RAM (=> 2 Gigs) ?
This is a production server, and I cannot afford the risk of destroying the
system (I would prefer to continue using half the available memory !).
Any advice ?
TIA
Best regards

--
François Thomas

sure :)

look at the options from kernel 2.4, your system can manage more than 4 gigs
then.
Virengeprüft vom G DATA AntiVirenKit