X on a G3 desktop

I am running version 2.2.17 on a beige G3 desktop. I cannot get the X server, xf68_fbdev, to start properly. It partly draws the screen with garbage on the bottom. The keyboard and mouse seem to work, but this is hard to verify since the display is messed up. Has anyone out there ever got X to work on the display of a Mac PPC running Debian? I have not.

I have been reasonably successful on 68k Mac's except for non Apple display cards and the built-in interface for the IIci. But, that's another story.

Could someone please tell me the trick to getting the xf68_fbdev server to work on a Mac PPC? Thanks.

							Steve Nichols
							scnichols@ucdavis.edu