Re: copying/cloning root partition

> > system using:
> >
> >   # dd bs=512 if=/dev/hdc1  of=disk.image

I did in a much more simpler way; I just boot using
floppy set and copy all file from 1 root partition to
another like (mount /dev/hda1 at /hda1 etc..)

cp -a /hda1 /hda2

Then use text editor to edit /etc/fstab accordingly in
new root partition.

Check /etc/lilo.conf then run lilo using -r switch, Or
reboot the system, using boot floppy boot into new
partition and check , run lilo, that is all

Sure like this always works :-)

> > I then tried to copy this new image onto another
> disk of the same type as

=====
S.KIEU

http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase