Re: tape drive problems

On Monday 05 November 2001 05:16 pm, nate wrote:
> is the scsi cable terminated ? try mt -f /dev/st0 status

This is the output I get.  Not sure how to decipher it:

z8:/home/kurtl/tmp# mt -f /dev/st0 status
SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=0, block number=0, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x25 (DDS-3).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (41010000):
 BOT ONLINE IM_REP_EN

Regarding the card/drive/kernel/etc, it's an HP Surestore DAT 24 internal
drive connected to an adaptec 2940UW SCSI card on a computer running Woody w/
2.4.12 kernel with SCSI support compiled as a module.

Still beating my head against the wall trying to figure this out, so any help
is certainly appreciated.

--kurt