Re: ssh & X apps

DvB said:

> from my machine at work and I'm getting "cannot connect to X
> server" error messages (emacs says 'standard input is not a tty').

make sure X forwarding is turned on on both client and server.
by default it is usually off. in server edit the /etc/ssh/sshd_config
file and turn it on/restart ssh. on the client either create a custom
pref file, edit /etc/ssh/ssh_config or ssh to the host with the -Xoption. i also reccomend the -v option.

so ..

ssh -l username -v -X hostname

my personal preference is:
ssh -l username -v -C hostname -X