RE:2 partitions - same dir?

Rory O'Connor writes:
 > I've got a drive that's completely full of files, mounted at /home/dir.
 > I added a second drive so I could continue storing files of the same
 > type, and mounted it at /home/dir2.
 >
 > Is there a way to make it so that it appears these files are all in one
 > dir?  I don't think it's possible to mount two partitions at the same
 > point...but perhaps with dynamic links?

Sure.  Check out stow, which will do a lot of the work for you, or
manually make a script to create the soft links from /home/dir2 to
/home/dir.

You can also investigate LVM, which should allow the kind of thing
you're thinking of:
http://www.sistina.com/lvm_howtos/lvm_howto/
http://www.sistina.com/products_lvm.htm

Andrew.