Re: Sound configuration

Hi,

I dont install sound driver in debian way , that is
downloading and installing from debian binary; so I
dont know how to; But I think it should not be a
problem, you just download alsa-driver in debian and
started with that. It is the simplest way.

If only it doesn't work you can install manually, you
can first download the kernel source (from debian or
from kernel.org...; then compile your own made kernel;
Then go to http://www.alsa-project.org/ grap their
stable version
read their documentation then make it; usually it is
only ./configure
make install

Then read the file INSTALL in the alsa directory to
see how and which module for your card.

You even dont have to compile your kernel, if you have
the correct kernel header file with your current
running kernel, you can compile alsa without any
problem.

Good luck

=====
S.KIEU