Re: Debian base creation

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 10:35:50AM -0500, Sunny Dubey wrote:
> hey,
>
> how do the guys at debian compile the base system to be linked with the
> version of glibc that ships with base system??

That version of glibc will have been in unstable for some time, and
developers compile against that. Packages don't have to be built against
the exact same version of glibc due to the way shared libraries work.

> do they chroot themselves into /chroot with the correct glibc and then
> procede to compile??

Not unless there are other reasons for them to do so. I just build
packages on an ordinary unstable system unless I'm building a security
update for stable or something like that.