Re: nameserver problems

On Sunday 04 November 2001 23:33, Rebecca Dridan wrote:

> I can connect using ssh to the machine from outside, when I nmap it, it
> says port 53 is open

did you run the portscan from the Internet ?
try ... nmap -p 53 -sU -P0

Are there any errors in /var/log/daemon.log when starting bind ?

> not sure is a nameserver needs to be "declared" or registered it some way.

It will work without, but every decent registrar offers automatic
registration of DNS servers with internic. atleast dotster does.

--
BOFH excuse #419:

Repeated reboots of the system failed to solve problem