Question: Browsing M$-syle compressed Install CDs

I recently had to pull some soundbank files for my SoundBlaster-64 AWE
off Creative's "intall" CD to make the card work with the AWE function
under Linux.  The only way I could figure out how to do this was to find
a computer with Windows on it, install the card and software on it, then
copy the files over via Samba.  This was a PITA!

Is there some way to access these files from the CD using Linux
decompression tools, like gzip, unzip, etc?.  I am not at all familiar
with the Microsoft compression schema.  It would be nice to be able to
"browse" the CD from a Linux file manager and pull files as needed.  The
location of the specific files is NOT always obvious from the file names
listed on the CD.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-