Another deb package questions :-)

Hi,

Well I just got checkinstall ; the latest version
support debian package, it is great. So I compiled
gimp-1.2.2; and using checkinstall create a debian
package gimp-1.2.2-1.deb then install it, no problem.

But the thing is, I need to tell the packaging system
that gimp-1.2.2 newly created contains (provides
libgimp1.2 and libgimpprint, so it is not needed for
these packages. like if I choose xsane; it wont ask me
to install libgimp1.2 (>=1.2.0) any more. So, I
extract the deb fine onto a directory like gimp, make
subdirectory DEBIAN and create a control file inside,
here is the control file

Package: gimp-1.2.2
Section: Applications/System
Installed-Size: 24124
Maintainer: sk@kieu
Architecture: i386
Version:  1.2.2-1
Depends: libc6, libgtk-perl, libtiff3g, libpng2
Provides: gimp1.2, libgimp1.2 (>=1.2.0),
libgimp1.2-dev (>=1.2.0), libgimpprint

then of course dpkg -b gimp gimp_1.2.2-1.deb to create
the package.

By adding Provides field I hope the package system
will understand, but when I select xsane in dselect,
it still asks me to install libgimp1.2 (>=1.2.0)

What did I do wrong, or miss something..
Thanks, and sorry if it is too long to read :-)

=====
S.KIEU

http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase
- Manage your files online.