Re: Installing GNOME and KDE on Woody

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 03:57:58PM -0800, Mark Lanett wrote:
> > Still, I'm just trying to install Gnome and KDE on Woody.
>
> This is what worked on my potato box:
> # apt-get install task-kde

The task-* packages have been removed in woody, because they cause
various problems.  tasksel was supposed to replace the task-* packages,
but it doesn't seem to be working excessively well.

The best way, I think, to install KDE is to just install the KDE apps
that you want, and let apt-get resolve the dependencies, and not worry
so much about tasks.