Re: Getting Linux

On Saturday 03 November 2001 22:19, lloyder@canada.com wrote:
> As a wise man recently said,
> "http://linuxiso.org/ has them,
> other places can be found on the debian.org web site
> if you lie about how you will be doing the install."

It doesn't. It just (re)directs you to where you can find them.

Again, I believe it's a nice idea if Debian comes up with an "official"
mini-CD iso image (less than 30MB's). This is a much better solution
than install floppies (unless you're using a really old system), the
bogus image kit, or the dialup-unfriendly full-size ISO image(s) (if I
were a newbie I would rather waste the connect time on Mandrake, which
has a cuter installer).

The mini-CD image would contain the absolute minimum required for a
networked console system with perhaps, for additional handholding, a
"temporary" nag screen saying something like "To install additional
packages, press [blah]"

--
Sir Isaac Newton:
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."