Re: [debian-user] still floundering -> PSEUDO-IMAGE

On Sat, 2001-11-03 at 18:54, Blars Blarson wrote:
> The pseudo-image kit is an overly-complicated dificult to use solution
> to a problem that was temporary.  It attempts to distribute the
> bandwidth utilization, but it actually winds up increasing it in
> almost all instances.
>
> Ignore pik and just download the diban iso images.
> http://linuxiso.org/ has them, other places can be found on the
> debian.org web site if you lie about how you will be doing the
> install.

If "the Lloyder" wants another install idea I've always had good success
by doing minimum floppy disk installs and using apt-get to download
further packages.

If you combine that with ReiserFS install disks you can also have
ReiserFS on you boot drive:

http://www.digitaltux.com/

Think about this because installing a boot journaling filesystem at the
start will be much easier than trying to migrate to one later (unless
you want to use ext3).

I also see there is a Debian "NetInst ISO" that can fit on a business
card CD and is "only" a 33MB download.

Regards,
Adam