Re: Presentation Software...

On Friday 02 November 2001 09:40, Hanasaki JiJI wrote:
> OpenOffice.org?  StarOffice from Sun?
>
> Bostjan Muller wrote:
> >* On 02-11-01 at 15:16 dman (dsh8290@rit.edu) wrote:
> >+----Here quoted text begins----+
> >
> >>What tool(s) to you use to actually give the presentation if you have
> >>a projector available?  Printing out transparencies isn't a good show
> >>of LaTeX vs. PowerPoint.

Corel's WordPerfect Office 2000 Suite comes with Presentations, which is
supposed to be akin to PowerPoint - it can display powerpoint slides, etc.
WPO2K for linux has some stability issues, but so far from my experience
they've all been WordPerfect stability issues related to when the
spell-as-you-go feature is turned on. I've never used Presentations but I've
also never had problems with either Quattro Pro or Paradox.

--
David P. James
Third Year Economics

The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. Leonard McCoy, Star Trek IV