Re: HP2200d printer

On Thu, 2001-11-01 at 16:37, hallstevenson@pop.mindspring.com wrote:

> Michel Loos <loos@qt1.iq.usp.br> wrote:
> >
> > I would like to crrectly set-up a HP2200D printer,
> > using lpd and magicfilter.
> > Anyone has any experience with this?
>
> This page, http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-LaserJet_2200, has info on the '2200' model, but makes no mention of a 'd' suffix...
>
> Hall

Read that, should be the same but it needs foomatic which I was unable
to install celanly while preserving all the funcionalities and ease of
use of lpd (for networking). I would like to know how (with lpd) how I
can send the printer commands in order to select the inkdensity and the
duplex mode.
I understand that with standard lpd I will probably have to set-up
several printer queues, but I need to know how to modify the filters in
order to do this.

Michel.