Xfree 4.1 installation not successful

I run potato and just upgraded Xfree86 to version 4.1. dselect told me that I didn't have the required package for some others libfreetype6, but it went on with the installation.

Now when I try to run X, I get error messages. It would help me if someone tells me the files to edit to configure the XFree86 4.1, and also if tere is an installation script or something.

I've tried XF86Config, xf86cfg, XF86Setup. These dont run. Also tried XFree86 -configure. This runs but doesn't succed and doesn't let me enter any values.

I look forward your responses

Marcel