Re: The linux and Debian operating systems

Ken Williams wrote:

>    Hi Stuart,
>
>   In addition to the helpful advice other people on the list
> have already given I'd also say it might be easier for you
> to obtain a linuxdistro from a linux-related magazine.

I hate to see that recommended, 'cause I've seen lots of problems on
these lists with magazine-published Debian CDs.  I realize you meant
just for a test, but I'm afraid it would turn him off of Debian.

And folks on the lists tend to not be as interested in support once they
find out it's a magazine version.

It may be different now, I don't know, but I know that I've seen that to
be the case.