Re: Launching URL from Gnome-terminal

on Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 01:44:18PM -0800, Eric G. Miller (egm2@jps.net) wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:14:38 -0800, "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> [snip]
> > Incidentally, how do you invoke the control center independent of GNOME?
> > I use WindowMaker, and don't care for GNOME, but prefer Galeon for my
> > browser.  Certain configs must be done through GNOME rather than Galeon.
>
> Should be available from regular Debian menu:
>   Apps->System->GNOME->GNOME Control Center

Thanks.  Never dug down that far.

It's six levels down on my WindowMaker menus (the Debian menus are off,
rather than on, my root apps menu).  And it's labeled "Session
Properties" on my system (Woody).

I tend to use a very small number of apps, most launched from either
WMaker tiles or hotkey shortcuts.  Menus suck®.  Rarely use them, and
I've moved the stuff I use most often near the top of the stack.

Peace.