PHP + GD + JPG?

Hi,

I'm using Debian 2.2r2 and have installed apache, php4 and php4-gd (with the
other packages they required).  I've also installed the libjpeg62 and
libjpeg62-dev packages (before apache).  The problem is that GD does not
seem to have JPG access enabled by default.  An older Debian 2.1 machine I
have here was set up in much the same way by me but has JPG support by
default.  I can't find any explanation of why JPG support has been turned
off or how to re-enable it.

Any suggestions/hints welcome..

Thanks
James