Re: Using japanese input systems

» Stephan Seitz disse isso e eu digo aquilo:

> Debian Potato (stabl) or Debian Woody (testing)?

	I guess the best answer would be both. I use woody at home and potato at work.

> > portuguese and English. How can I have the possibility to input
> > japanese characters when I need to? I've heard about using
> > canna+kinput2+yudit, is that right? If so, how do I do that?
>
> Yes, you're right.
> If you have a running canna server, you can start kinput2 with
> "kinput2 -canna -ximp -xim -kinput&".
> Applications that are using the kinput protocol (like yudit or kterm)
> can run under every locale you have on your system.
> Applications that are using the xim protocol (like vim or kterm) must
> run under an Japanese locale.

	Oh... now, finally I understood how it works... oh well then, I'm closer to do what a wanted more than I thought!
	I've already installed canna and kinput2, but the documentation for both is so much confuse, I couldn't figure out how to make them work together.
	And I heard somewhere (in debian-user, i think) that it would be necesary to use some editor like yudit or so to actually do the job.

	Thank you very much! :-)

> Here (http://www.suse.de/~mfabian/suse-cjk/suse-cjk.html) you can
> find other information regarding kinput2 and canna.

	Thanks!

> Shade and sweet water!

	Sombra e água fresca! ;-)

--