Re: Small bug in Abiword

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 05:42:05PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 07:28:24PM -0500, Ian Patrick Thomas (ipthomas_77@yahoo.com) wrote:
> > 	After doing a dist upgrade to unstable, my Abiword is now at 0.9.4.
> > What an improvement. I'm able to open all sorts of MS .doc
> > docs.(unfortunately my friends don't have any desire to use a free
> > alternative to MS Word).
> > 	The bug I found is that the documentation, The User Manual, is put
> > in /usr/share/doc/abiword/help, and Abiword looks for it in
> > /usr/share/Abisuite/Abiword/help. I simply linked the one help directory to
> > the other
> >
> > cd /usr/share/Abisuite/Abiword
> > ln -s /usr/share/doc/abiword/help
>
> Good catch.  I'm forwarding it to the package maintainer.  I guess Aaron
> never needs help.
>
> Incidentally, anyone know how to get a Real Browser? (Galeon) rather
> than Konqueror, as the AbiWorld help browser?

	When I click on the help browser, Mozilla comes up. I havn't seen
anything in my home .Abisuite config about why this happens though. I'm
running it in Windowmaker and I don't have Konqueror installed.

	On another note, when I click on About Abiword, the version number
and information is a bunch of boxes, but in my text editor its

or (at your
 option) any later version.

 but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the
 implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
 FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU General
 Public License for more details.

	Consequently, when I click on Check Version, www.abisource.com
cannot figure out which version I'm running and tells me I don't have the
latest one, when I do. Weird, huh?

Ian
--
FreeSoftware Developer