Re: Launching URL from Gnome-terminal

Karsten M. Self wrote:

> on Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 12:04:17AM -0600, David Rose (david@sxsw.com) wrote:
>
> > That said... how does one change the default browser for gnome-terminal links
> > to something other than Mozilla (as it is on my boxen)?
>
> I would assume this is one of the gnome-handlers, though I don't use
> GNOME.  Try mucking with ~/.gnome/Gnome under [URL Handlers].
>
> ...and if I'm wrong, let me know ;-)

You want ~/.gnome/gnome-moz-remote :

[Mozilla]
filename=mozilla

Change the filename= line to be whatever browser you want to launch.

There are also some things in the Gnome Control Center that may affect
this. I recall there's a panel in there for URL handlers. You could
probably sidestep gnome-moz-remote altogether that way. Unfortunately,
I'm not at my Debian machine at the moment, so I can't check.

Craig