Re: IMAP...

On 29 Oct 2001, Brian Nelson wrote:

> Alexander Wallace <awallace@rwsoft-online.com> writes:
>
> > Hi there.. I have task-imap installed using apt-get... Is there
> > anything I need to do to be able to use it? I'm trying to get my email
> > using evolution from another machine, and nothing happens, not even an
> > error, but If i use pop it does work and retrieve my email... Is there
> > something extra I need to do to use IMAP properly?
>
> In my experience, debian's imapd packages have "just worked".
> Currently, I'm using uw-imapd-ssl from testing.  Try a less bugged
> email client.

Unfortunately, I've deleted the original posters mail so I don't know if
he provided any further details but if he is reading I suggest looking at
/var/log/mail.log on the server to see if imapd is giving any errors.  I
suspect he is not actually connecting at all.

Yes, it is supposed to "just work."

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>