Problems with HP megaraid scsi driver in 2.4.x

Hi,

I am new to using lists etc.., so if anyone can point me in the right
direction where to send this message, I would appreciate it very much...

I am using the woody distribution and can't get the 2.4.10 kernel to
recognise the logical volume on my megaraid.  Everything works fine with the
2.2.19 kernel.  When I boot using the 2.2.19 kernel I get the following:

megaraid: v1.11 (Aug 23, 2000)
megaraid: found 0x8086:0x1960:idx 0:bus 3:slot 4:func 1
scsi2 : Found a MegaRAID controller at 0xe800a000, IRQ: 11
megaraid: [C :B ] detected 1 logical drives

scsi2: scanning channel 1 for devices.
  Vendor: HP        Model: SAFTE; U160/M BP  Rev: 1023
  Type:   Processor                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02
scsi2: scanning channel 2 for devices.
scsi2: scanning channel 3 for devices.
scsi2: scanning virtual channel for logical drives.
  Vendor: MegaRAID  Model: LD0 RAID5 26031R  Rev:   C
Detected scsi disk sda at scsi2, channel 3, id 0, lun 0
scsi : detected 1 SCSI disk total.
SCSI device sda: hdwr sector= 512 bytes. Sectors= 53311488 [26031 MB] [26.0
GB]

The detected scsi0 and scsi1 interfaces do not have any disks attached; the
logical RAID-5 volume is the only disk volume present in the system and is
also the boot disk.

When booting with a 2.4.x kernel, I get the same thing (except for the
driver version: v1.17), except that everything stops after "scsi2: scanning
virtual channel for logical drives."; the logical drive is NOT found.  I
tried loading the driver as a module from the initrd shell AND compiling it
into a custom 2.4.10 kernel.  The results are the same in both cases: the
logical drive is not found.

Since I'd like to use the new netfilter that the 2.4.x kernel offers, I want
to find a solution to this.

The driver code in the kernel source distribution does not contain an e-mail
address of a maintainer, so I am not sure where to send this for help.

Can anyone help me?????

Thank you,
William De Cat (Belgium)