Re: screen on sid doesn't work for non root :(

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 04:05:15AM -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been using screen for the last few months after someone pointed it out
> to me, and I love it. :)
>
> Yesterday, I apt-get upgraded my sid instilation, and now when I login as
> any non root from within an xterm I get "Must be connected to a terminal".
> Though, it does work if I actually use it from a console.
>
> It also does this from ssh.
>
> /usr/bin/screen is sgid utmp, and I see entries for my xterms with I run w...
>
> What can I do to try to fix this?
>
> Mike

This is a real pain isn't it?

I did apt-get source screen --compile, installed the new deb (at this
point nothing changed) then cd into the screen-source-dir, run ./screen
 -- great. Copy the binary to /usr/bin/screen -- all works fine.

Appears a little strange, and I still don't understand.

Maybe that helps for the moment

-- marc