Re: newline in terminal??

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Rohan Deshpande wrote:

> Hey again,
>
> ASDF JLK;
>
> This bug is really annoying me.  I use the terminal just like everyone
> else and having my text be rewritten over as I type is just plain
> annoying.  Anyone discovered a solution yet?

	I've got a question for you.  Is your prompt set to use
non-printing characters (like ANSI escape codes for colours?)  If so,
your shell may be confused about the number of characters you actually
have on a line.  If so, you will want to escape your non-printing
characters by surrounding them with \[ and \].

Simon