Re: Woody and X not liking xhost +

Ah.. Does this hold true even though all activity is taking place on the same host and IP and physical box?

Karsten M. Self wrote:
on Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 12:17:13PM -0600, Hanasaki JiJI (hanasaki@hanaden.com) wrote:
I am running woody and have two shells open in X.  One is su'ed to root
and has the display variable set correctly and exported. The other is a
common user id that has done xhost +.

When I run an X program from the su'ed shell I get an errot "cannot
connect" It looks alot like it would if I had not done xhost +. Any
thoughts?

XF86v4 denies tcpip connects by default.

*Don't* use xhost.

*Do* use ssh.

See list over past two months for prior discussion on this topic.

Peace.