[phil@mail.brainlink.com: Not configuring]

Would someone like to help this gentleman out?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The errors of great men are
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    venerable because they are more
branden@debian.org                 |    fruitful than the truths of little
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ |    men.         -- Friedrich Nietzsche
--- Begin Message ---
Hi
I'm a Newbie. Just got a copy of "Offical Debian GNU/Linux" along with a CD
with version of 2.1.  I've got the OS up and running and I'm learning how
to get around in the command line.  I'm trying to install xbase -> now
XFree86 X-window support.  I "deslect" the proper packages (I think) and
immediately after install it starts to ask a few questions (i.e. vga-16 as
default,  olvwm as default etc) but never gets into hardware questions.  I
get an installation complete message,  and when I try to start (startx,
xinit command) I get missing "config" file messages along with places Linux
has looked for it.  I moved a config file to the correct place and now I'm
getting messages concerning keyoard configuration.  HELP!!!

	Where can I find info on writing a proper config file WITH EXAMPLES
PLEASE.    Any help or even pointing me in the right direction would be
great.
			|  Phil Beder               |
			|  Phil@brainlink.com       |
			|  www.brainlink.com/~phil  |