Re: Microsoft bullies again

On Sunday 28 October 2001 12:32 pm, csj wrote:
> On Monday 29 October 2001 01:38, Bud Rogers wrote:
> > On Friday 26 October 2001 19:41 pm, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> > > Thought may be interesting for the debian community:
> > > NEW YORK (October 26, 2001 4:29 p.m. EDT) - Microsoft's premiere
> > > Web portal, MSN.com, denied access to millions of people who use
> > > alternative browser software such as Opera and told them to get
> > > Microsoft's products instead.
> > > http://www.nandotimes.com/technology/story/158273p-1497208c.html
> >
> > First they ignore you.  Then they laugh at you.  Then they fight you,
> > and then you win.
>
> What's wrong with Microsoft banning certain users from their OWN site?
> It's like complaining to a fancy restaurant that your shorts are okay
> despite the dress code. Maybe you could just run IE under wine.

And what's wrong with users refusing to patronize a business whose policies
they find offensive?  The Internet and the Web are built on open standards
and interoperability.   Microsoft's policy flies in the face of that.  I'm
not going to their site. Period.  I don't run IE.  I don't need wine.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>
They have awakened a sleeping giant