Long lag before messages make the list [was "Re: 512Meg of Ram"]

On Sun, 2001-10-28 at 20:45, Cameron Matheson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 04:19:13PM -0500, waynes@techgod.net wrote:
> > I just added 512meg of ram to my Debian Woody box.  I had heard that Linux does not support 512meg of ram without a kernel recompile.  Is this true?
>
> No... I think you may have to recompile for ram>=1G, but that's only if you
> don't have large mem support enabled (or something like that).  If it's not
> detecting your memory, you may have to add something to your kenel command line
> (if you use lilo, add this to your config file):
>
> append="mem=<amount of ram in meg>M"

If this is affecting more than just myself, the Debian-user lag is
becoming too large. I wrote a reply virtually identical to Cameron's
about 30 minutes later than him but his message wasn't on the list by
then.

And what I wrote 1 hour ago has still not appeared. I hope the lag can
be resolved.

Cameron's message written at 8:45PM (NZ Time) arrived at my Exim MTA at
9:48PM. I thought it was surprising no-one had answered Wayne. Multiple
answers due to lag just waste our time and puts more pressure on the
mailing list server.

Regards,
Adam