Re: Telnet

On Sat, 27 Oct 2001, Richardson, Martin wrote:

> 	I would like to set up ssh and to disable telnet for security
> reasons. Is this just a matter of installing the ssh components, and to
> disable telnetd? in inetd.conf?

You could get rid of telnetd completely with something like
dpkg --purge telnetd

telnet's a separate package, so you'd still have the client if you did
that. (I assume you'd want to keep that.)

Yes, the ssh package sets up easily for me. The main choice is just
whether or not you want to run sshd, which you probably do.

-- Mark