Re: Anyone gottem mndi to work?

On Thursday 25 October 2001 8:17 pm, Stan Brown wrote:
> I want  to create a disaster recovery CD using mondo. The first step to
> doing this is using mindi to create boot floppy images.
>
> I've tried to do this on 2 different machines, and it has failed 2
> different ways.
>
> Has anyone gotten this working under Debian?

I'm running unstable (and 2.4.9-ac10) with mondo-archive v1.15 and it
seems to work okay. I had a bit of difficulty getting the initrd side
working (didn't have it compiled into the kernel, and needed to get the
initrd tools) to start with, but the cds it created boot my box okay. I
haven't tried doing boot floppies seperately, as my machines can boot
from cd. The author (Hugo Rabson) was quite helpful with one error that
tripped me up, so you may find it useful to get in touch with him (look
for the feedback section at http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/ for details)
Make sure you're running the latest versions - Mondo is now at 1.17 &
Mindi 0.43 (which means I'm due for an upgrade ;-)

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net / jamaro@firstlinux.net
http://www.dbg400.net  DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities