ogle vs xine vs mplayer

I just compiled ogle
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/downloads.shtml
on sid and it is BY FAR the best dvd player I have yet to get working on
linux.

It compiled without a hitch and perfectly handled the menus and english
language subtitles on my Amores Perros DVD, AV synced perfectly, and
played at around 25 fps full screen on my dell inspiron 8k.

I have played dvds with  xine 4-9.x and mplayer 5.x and so far ogle is
the only Player that I have found compares favorably to windows players.
ie: handles menus, handles subtitles, you don't have to point it at a
chapter or title, just ./ogle -u cli and it starts playing whatever dvd is
in your drive, does slow mo, freeze frame, chapter skip, full screen ,
etc... , av sync doesn't suck, plays at full speed, plays encrypted
dvds.

I highly recommend compiling it.
If there is any  interest I'll package it for sid and some of the libs
needed to compile it (new libdvdread) etc.

Tom

--
Tom Hallaran
Informatics