Re: What happens when Woody becomes Stable ??

Aurelio Turco wrote:

> > No reinstalls are ever needed with debian.  This is not a Microsoft
> > OS.

Go, tell 'em, brother!

> So, "apt-get dist-upgrade" automatically purges
> old and no longer needed files and directory structures?

Well, apt-get --purge dist-upgrade will remove old and no longer needed
files and directory structures.  Unless of course, you've fucked with
the package system, ie. creating files in /usr et al.

I moved from slink to potato to woody to sid and then switched a couple
of times between woody and sid.  The system I'm running is some four
years old now and I never had to do any reinstall whatsoever.

To make a long story short: Debian's apt-get system just rocks.

Cheers,
Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld