Re: 2.4.6 NFS problem

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.4.33.0110240920140.586-100000@calypso.lawnet>,
Stephen E. Hargrove <stephen@virtual-attorney.com> wrote:
>On the 2.2.18 kernel, mount /swlf works perfectly.  I recently upgraded
>the kernal to 2.4.6, and now all of my mounts time out.  The following
>appears in my /var/log/messages:
>
>Oct 24 09:10:17 calypso kernel: portmap: server localhost not responding,
>timed out

You're not running 'portmap' on the client or /etc/hosts.allow
prevents access to it. Fix that.

Alternatively mounting with the "nolock" option might help. The userlevel
NFS server doesn't support it anyway.

Mike.
--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
 and I'm not sure about the former" -- Albert Einstein.