Re: Modem configuration + Dial up - Procedure

Could somebody pls tell me how Modem configuration + Dial up is done on any Linux
box , if I am having an ISP ?

Thanks,

There is no simple answer to ppp configuration on any Linux box. Debian standard is pppconfig and then use pon/poff. Then there is wvdialconf and wvdial to dial in, this seems to be a little bit tricky on a Debian box. Most Distris have there own tools to configure (nearly) everything. On a Suse box it's done with YAST/YAST2 and I don't know about the others.

Frank