Re: Green blinking 'D' in console

On Monday 22 October 2001 10:13 am, Erik Steffl wrote:
> > Aaron Maxwell wrote:
> > > Hi.  I'm running yesterday's sid.  In the console, occasionally a green
> > > blinking 'D' will appear at a certain position on the screen.  When and
> > > where it appears seems to be random.  It will scroll and can be
> > > 'overwritten', just like normal text.

>   I have voodoo III, X 4.x, don't remember seeing it with X 3.x
>
>   what video cards do you (=who had seen the mysterious green D) have?

I have a Voodoo3, running X 4.1.0-8.  I don't remember seeing it in my X 3.x
days either.

Mainly I was concerned that my (video) memory was going bad or something.
Now I think it might be a bug in X.  I've emailed some people who replied to
me on- and off-list to get their X and video card info - if I do think it's a
bug, I'll file a bug report.

Best
Aaron

(PS to Erik: sorry, I meant to send this to the list but accidentally mailed
it to just you at first.)