Re: using bootcd with usb cdrw drive

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 10:43:33PM +0200, Debian User Jean-Baptiste Note wrote:
> Just to know, have you devfs compiled in the kernel and mounted at boot ?
> are you sure the entry /dev/scd0 exists at boot-time ?
> what is the error message ? (i guess it's can't mount root fs on device
> XX:XX -> those numbers have a meaning you should try to interpret)

No, I don't have devfs compiled into the kernel.  I don't know how to
determine if /dev/scd0 exists at boot time, so I don't know if it exists.

I don't remember the exact error message (and am at work now).  It was like
you described, and I think XX:XX was maybe 00:0a, but I didn't write it
down.  I'll check when I get home.  What would those numbers indicate?

Thanks.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/