Re: single partition worst-case scenarios

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 01:38:50AM +1300, Adam Warner wrote:
| On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 01:16, Andreas Leitner wrote:
|
| > Yep, the idea is good. But in practice how much space do you give /home
| > ? I hate it when I ran out of disk space, even though there would be
| > plenty.
|
| The question is how much do you give the operating system :-) Everything
| else is /home.
|
| So far 4GB has been suffient for the OS on my Debian GNU/Linux

Same here, and I have a lot of mp3s sitting under /usr/local/share.  I
don't think I can put all my music on 1 of my partitions since I had
about 2GB of music (only 10GB hd now).  I used to have all that on an
8GB win98 disk, but now that I have a different computer I don't have
that disk.  I also don't have a sound card so I have actually removed
most of them.

-D