Re: /var/spool/mail/USER

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> This seems to be issue of install script.  You should be able to avoid
> it by modifying post/pre install script.
>
> You seem to use sendmail.  Then file a bug to sendmail if this is their
> fault.  I think what they do is reasonable since script does not know
> who should be the owner.

Sigh... Sendmail is a MTA - it doesn't touch user mailboxes !  It'd be
no use filing bugs against it...

Procmail is the MDA beast that issued the message.

Check for other MDAs (mail,mailx,etc) and cronjobs to see what is
changing the mode

--
Rick Nelson
Basically, I want people to know that when they use binary-only modules,