Re: ^S/scroll-lock in konsole

Lo, on Monday, October 22, Mark Carroll did write:

> On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, 'cduck' Chris Grierson wrote:
>
> > anyone know what signal ^S sends, and how to unfreeze a konsole when it
>
> My guess would be SIGSTOP.

No.  SIGSTOP actually stops (i.e., suspends) the process to which it is
sent.  (SIGCONT restarts.)  If you hit control-s at the terminal, the
terminal's process is still running, but all output is suspended.

I don't think hitting control-s or control-q actually sends a Unix signal;
they're interpreted by the terminal driver.

> You can probably change it with stty if you like.

You can; see the stty manpage for details.  (The relevant settings are `stop'
and `start'.)

Richard