Re: lpr and pdf

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 08:51:31AM -0400, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> I don't know about a HOWTO, but basically you need to use a filter that
> routes the pdf file through pdf2ps; it can then be interpreted by whatever
> you use for other ps files (e.g., a postscript printer or a ghostscript
> filter).

If you have trouble with this (I do with the nice laser printers
at work), you can manually convert the pdf documents to ps using
acrobat reader. Just type `acroread -toPostScript file.pdf`. If you
know what your doing you could probably get your printer to do that
automatically.

--
John Patton                      patton66@home.com

"Thales was asked what was most difficult to man; he
answered: 'To know one's self.'" - Diogenes