XFree86 4.1.0.1 not working anymore after update

Hello,

I'm running Debian woody for a while without any problems until now. Today I started debian and in the console I started X (with startx). Normally KDE would be started by now, but when the gray raster is reached when starting X, X shuts down and I'm back in my text console... I can't find any error messages. I really don't know what's going on. Does anybody have a clue?
Oh, and I updated my Debian yesterday (I do that weekly) with dselect (but didn't watch what packages were being updated).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because if I can find the problem I think I need to reinstall X.

Greetings,
Heiko