Re: Name instead of To in From: ?

* Lance Hoffmeyer (lance@augustmail.com) [011021 19:40]:
> Really?  I am using Mutt.  May this is Mutt's way to indicate
> that the email is one I sent to a list?  At least I know
> not everyone sees "From: To debian-user ...".  That would
> be kind of embarrassing :)
>
> Lance

Do take dman's advice and read man muttrc (at least the index_format
section). You'll see that the default includes a %L, which means "list
from". So when looking at a list, messages from you show "To list".
This works well as a default that will work well with inbox folders and
sent-mail folders. Like everything else in mutt, you're Free to change
it; if you'd rather just see your own name (how vain!) use %f or %n in
place of %L. This will make your sent-mail folder listing rather boring
(unless your vanity really does know no bounds) so I'd recommend using a
folder-hook to set the index-format per-folder. If you need more help, I
recommend seeking it at mutt-users@mutt.org , a more appropriate forum.
See you there.

good times,

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.